Thursday, September 13, 2007

More good news...

Mom had her lumpectomy last week. The tumor was localized, pathology showed it was ductal (if you've got to have it, it's the kind to have said my mother's surgeon), and the nodes were not involved. Now after she heals adequately she'll have a round of radiation and hopefully be done with this. The down side is that she's had to stop taking estrogen which means her risk for osteoporosis goes way up, so she'll have to start taking fosamax (sp?). A small price to pay I suppose.
I figured it was self evident, but yes, the photo with the last post is of my mom and dad taken this summer.
That's all for now. I'm going to go read for pleasure. Something I don't get to do nearly often enough. Much of the reason is that I allow myself to get caught up in things like this and the time flies away before I know it. I will therefore say, "Good night".

No comments: